Monday, October 27, 2008

The Undecided


During the last few weeks, I've started to think about who, really, can still claim to be an undecided voter. And I also decided that I was just going to throw up all tact and compassion and think, what the f@@@$%%%, are you just plain stupid? I was going to embrace the elite in me and narrow down the folks who are voting for McCain as just plain dumb and the ones who are undecided as even dumber. I was just thinking these things, though, and maybe every now and then sharing them with like-minded friends (you know who you are and those who aren't, well, I'm not apologizing, such is the strength of that belief)!

I read the always funny David Sedaris this morning and wish I had the nerve to just go ahead and say it like I see it. Read it here.

3 comments:

  1. I particularly like his comparison to the airline attendant question,

    “Can I interest you in the chicken?” she asks. “Or would you prefer the platter of shit with bits of broken glass in it?” "

    Unfortuately, we all cannot agree on who is the chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, undecidedman, I will visit your site.

    And jerry critter, I guess you gotta just love america, chickens and all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the Sedaris piece the other day and if I'd been drinking something, I'd have spit it all over my keyboard when I read this. I have to agree with him though. It's hard to imagine being on the fence at this point.

    I've been an Obama supporter for a while now. Despite the nastiness that has pervaded this election, I believe in his motives and I believe that the American people have been duped by the conservative movement for far too long. I think working people have been distracted, made afraid and deceived into voting against their own best interests for a very long time.

    I'm ready for government to be accountable to us.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...