Sunday, December 21, 2008

Come On In



This is the bright yellow door that leads you into a culinary paradise. It's called The Larchmont Larder, and it's the fruit of many years of labor. The owners are The Husband, Michael Beglinger, and my dear, dear friend Katie Trevino.

If you didn't know, The Husband is a chef and a mighty fine one. He was born in Switzerland and trained classically but can cook anything. He wooed and won me with the likes of barley soup and lentils, roasted root vegetables and miso cod. He can butcher meat and bake pastry, and you can experience it all at The Larchmont Larder.

And there are few words to do justice to Katie. Brilliant, funny, incredible style. She made the place SENSATIONAL.

You're going to love it.

1 comment:

  1. All the best for this new venture. And if I ever get to Los Angeles, I'm sure I'll love it. Last year about this time, several of us, at the suggestion of Los Angeles mystery writer Tim Hallinan, took up the Dickens Challenge, in which we tried to write a chapter a week. We've all fallen short, but Lisa (Eudaemonia) Rachel in the U.K., Cindy in Las Vegas, and I are still at it. There was something of an agreement that if and when any of us gets published, we'll have a celebration in L.A. I nominate the Larchmont Larder to cater it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...