Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Two Things

ONE

Sophie had her first real day of school yesterday, AND IT WENT WELL. It's a giant high school in the middle of Los Angeles, and she's in a rather large class of kids and young adults with various "issues," but we know several of them from her old elementary school, the teacher is a very cool guy, and Sophie's new aide seems terrific.

Whew. Can we all just wipe the sweat off our brows, breathe a sigh of relief and offer up thanksgiving? Hallelujah!



TWO


I'm going to be speaking about epilepsy and the upcoming Epilepsy Freedom Walk on a radio talk show this morning. The broadcast is called The Conner Bubble, recorded out of Pasadena City College. It's a call-in show, so if you're interested you can listen on Lancer Radio, 88.9 on the FM dial. The show is from 12:00 PM -- 12:28 PM Pacific Time. Here's some more info:

Call-in Telephone Number: 1-626-585-7227 -- Call me with a question!


Live webcast: www.lancerradio.org (I have no idea how these things work, but I'm assuming you can actually listen online! These here internets are amazing...)












15 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed for Sophie's new school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fantastic that Sophie had a good first day! I hope that it is the beginning of a fantastic year. :)

    Good luck with the radio show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff, Elizabeth. Very good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! I'm going to see if I can listen to you online, and great news about Sophie's school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh, SO happy to hear about the first day of Sophie's school. SO happy!
    I wish I were going to be home to listen to you today! Have appointments to attend, or I'd be glued to "these here internets." Please tell how it went afterward!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beaming here.
    I'll try and listen.. I will.


    apologies for the stalking only visits... long thanksgiving weekend .

    ReplyDelete
  7. heading over to do my team donation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Back to school. You've waited a long time for this. I hope it goes smoothly for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saying Hallelujah right along with you : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great news on Sophie's new school and first day!!

    I clicked over to see if I could listen to a podcast now, but sadly no. Would have loved to hear the show and you!

    Good luck with the walk~~!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah for school!You get an Amen from us here.

    The Freedom Walk.Sounds wonderful.You know,my little love,who likes to have her hand in it all,makes us eligible for this walk too.Add it to the list:Buddy Walk(Down syndrome),Light the Night (Leukemia).The only thing missing would be a stroke walk.Funny but not funny.You know what I mean.Hoping you raise lots.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i am so happy for you that Sophie had a good first day!!! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My fingers are all crossed that the new school continues to be a blessing. Hope the radio show went well. Hugs from Here. N2

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...