Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I'm Dreaming of

an iPad. Evidently, there are several new aps (did I spell that right?) for children and adults with special needs -- aps that might potentially help Sophie to communicate. Augmentative communication devices have long been a part of Sophie's life, but they are enormously expensive (way more than the iPad) and we've never really been able to use them consistently. I've just entered a giveaway for the iPad, though, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

But first, I'm dreaming that this little girl - Marissa - of Marissa's Bunny gets a chance at a better life.


Isn't she gorgeous? Marissa has infantile spasms, a brutal and particularly devastating seizure syndrome, the same type epilepsy that my Sophie was diagnosed with over fifteen years ago. Unlike Sophie, though, sweet Marissa has a chance at seizure relief through a new type of surgery. Along with the Ipad giveaway contest, there's a way to donate money toward all the unpaid expenses of this surgery.

Go visit, enter the contest, donate if you can and most of all send good wishes to Marissa and her family!

Go visit Marissa HERE.

9 comments:

  1. I hope you get the IPad!

    And Marissa gets the operation.

    And today is a good day.

    Tomorrow too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you win .... And for marissa too .... So many things to hope for today

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps: IPad is sadly ill equipped for blogging. I'm hoping there will be "an app for that" soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your heart is so huge,

    and your light photo from yesterday inspired me , fyi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being a new visitor to your blog, I did not know about your daughter. A close friend in the early stages of the journey with her daughter, and I'm going to have a look at the horn tootings. Thanks so much, and best of luck with the ipad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending love and light to Marissa and her family. And best wishes to you for the iPad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending love and light your way (and Marissa's too).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really, really, do hope you get the iPad!

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really hope Marissa gets the surgery and Sophie gets the iPad!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...