Saturday, April 16, 2011

The perfect poem for all the peeps



Reading this poem on The Writer's Almanac yesterday was a moment of perfect synchronicity (particularly after yesterday's post).  


 Success Story
My clothes are perfectly contoured
to my body. my shoes & socks
fit just right. My cat is a delightful
intelligent animal. My apartment
is great. The right location,
cheap rent. I eat the best food.
My friends love me. I adore them.
My lover is terrific & beautiful.
The sun is shining. There are trees
even in the slums in Washington.
I have tons of money & a gorgeous 
air conditioner. Great art hangs
on my wall. I live a spine-tingling life
of delirious sex & intense happiness.
                           
 -- Terence Winch

The last sentence, in particular, made me nearly howl with laughter.

6 comments:

  1. So it was from you! Thank you for the smiles. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I missed this one.. thanks .

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I read this one yesterday and it just tickled me to pieces too.
    I'm so glad you put it up here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect! I love the way it juxtaposes against the post (and witch photo) just before it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahahahahaha!!! this describes my life SO perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...