Thursday, February 2, 2012

Comments Housekeeping



Many of you have expressed to me through email that you're having trouble leaving comments here. Are you primarily WordPress users? I think the problem is here on Blogger but is restricted to WordPress users. I went on the help forums and found this information which confirms that while it's a Blogger problem, if you're a WordPress user and want to leave a comment you should do the following. Any advice? Let me know if it works -- or not.

The problem is OpenID. It simply doesn't work very well. When possible, always use the NAME/URL option. http://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/blogspot-blogger-not-accepting-my-wordpress-comments?replies=9


5 comments:

  1. I have never been able to get name/URL to work, and I can only successfully comment on your blog if I am logged in to my Google account.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always had problems, and even the name/URL rarely works for me and I end up limping away in frustration. Let's see if I can make this one post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, yes, well, I will seize the opportunity to blame technology and not my only occasional & sporatic time on line or my reluctance to comment on something 6 posts ago, even though it was only from yesterday because you are a beautiful writer, yes, but also very very prolific.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Name/URL doesn't usually work for me either, but I'll try it this time. Thanks for the tip, Elizabeth. I also appreciate what Lisa says about being logged in to Google. If Name/URL doesn't work maybe that route will.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am one of those wordpress folks having trouble. Thanks for the tip.

    Have been reading along, but feel weird to not say hello .

    Hope all is well with you and yours. xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...