Saturday, February 25, 2012

Hexagram 9** with an Update

Hsaio Ch'u/The Taming of the Small




No matter what you do, the fruit of your labors never seems to ripen.
Your reward remains just out of reach.
Men have gone mad from such anticipation.
Don't lose your balance lunging for the brass ring
While the fates continue to restrain you, go them one better and display a self-
generated restraint and grace.
Look for the humor in the situation.


-- The I Ching


** Opacity is called for here, so I won't tell you the question.

Update: I realize that my opacity is sort of stupid, especially when you might not know what the iChing is in the first place. I wrote an essay a few years ago that discussed it and some other stuff, and it was published in Spirituality and Health Magazine, but for some reason it has disappeared from that magazine and appears in another publication here.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I can totally dig looking for the humor in a situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you find some clarity in the answer, along with the humor. i love that piece you wrote about angels. for me, it was about angels as much as the iching. thank you.

    love,
    angella

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...