Saturday, July 14, 2012

Drum Roll, Please...

image via Stromboli Online


An autographed copy of Barbara Abercrombie's book A Year of Writing Dangerously is awarded to:


for her writing advice to:

Just sit down and write, dammit.

Vesuvius has a remarkable blog that you should definitely check out -- she is, apparently, taking her own advice because her writing is inspired, hilarious and intensely personal. 

I had a difficult time choosing one comment for the giveaway, though, and even the author of the book, Barbara, left a complimentary comment on everything that you all had to say. If I could I would give each of you a book, but instead will encourage you to purchase one for yourself. Honestly, I'm delving into it nearly every day for inspiration and interesting, relevant quotes. 

Now, get out there and write, dammit!

5 comments:

  1. Oh Elizabeth!! I am so honored by your kind words. Thank you for choosing me. I can't wait to get my hands on the book, since advice on writing dangerously sounds like just the thing I need. Thank you thank you thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, m'am. As we say around here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. whatever it is that I do which I loosely refer to as writing... I'm back at it

    I think

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Just Sit Down And Write is the only authentic true advice you can give someone who wants to write. There it is. Practice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Bravo, Vesuvius. That really IS the best advice.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...