Monday, July 2, 2012

Malibu



Yesterday, I drove Henry, his friend P and Sophie up to Zuma Beach in Malibu on a spectacularly beautiful day. We met one of my best friends, her husband and daughter at the very end of Zuma -- a glorious place with surfers to watch and rolling waves and warm sand. I feel almost guilty posting this as my parents swelter in Atlanta, Georgia and one of my sisters swelters and emerges from the hideous storms in D.C. The lack of heat and humidity out here is one of the main reasons that I live so far from family -- and while going to the beach can be sort of a hassle, when I'm there I always think why don't I do this more often?

















13 comments:

  1. beach days. i can feel the salt, sand, late afternoon sun when you know it's time to go...but you don't want to break the spell. that daughter; that son; that mother, full of love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gawd. You make me want to move to California.
    Thank you, Elizabeth, for sharing these beautiful pictures. It's okay for y'all to have beautiful weather. It's not going to make ours any worse. I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful post. love the photo of sophie communing with the water, and you and henry, and all of it. may you have many more beach days this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems to agree with all of you. Our weather is fabulous,
    .

    ReplyDelete
  5. This made me smile...and also feel very landlocked...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you had such a great day.
    Hooray for your weather! I feel the same way about CA.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always wondered the same thing whenever I went to the beach -- and I lived quite close by and could see the water every day. But nothing beats actually being surfside.

    These pictures are glorious, and the ones of the kids especially make me smile.

    Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet boy checking in on his sister. It's major hassle getting to the beach in Chicago, too, but your beautiful uncrowded beach is surely worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm green with envy ... did you go in the water?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a stunning and spectacular beach. You are so deserving of some fun and oceanside down time. Sophie looks beautiful and so mesmorized by the shore. (Both of my children share this almost magically surfside calmness?)The sun, surf and froic have lightened all your faces. Of course, being surrounded by hot, handsome surfer dudes is always a sure fix for whatever ails you, or so I have been told.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel like singing a Beach Boys song!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm catching up, E. I am loving these posts so much.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...