Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Team Sophie the Mermaid and the Epilepsy Run/Walk



After a year-long sabbatical where I wanted nothing to do with epilepsy and raising money to end epilepsy, I pulled myself up by my bootstraps (Republicans, love me!) and signed up to be Team Captain for this year's End Epilepsy Walk/Run. I'm forming my team now -- and some of you have already gotten notified and have generously donated -- but I'll provide links to it at a later date.

Today, I want to highlight one of my dearest blogger friends, artist Kim from Art in Red Wagons and Words On Paper Scraps. Kim has graciously created a special section in her etsy shop called Team Sophie and is donating a portion of her proceeds to our cause!

If you haven't visited Kim before and want to see some extraordinary drawing, painting and crafting, as well as beautiful writing and over-the-top gorgeous photography of the Pacific Northwest, you need to hop on over there. If you're so inclined, purchase one of those darling shells with the mermaids, keep it in your purse or pocket and help Sophie and all those like her.

Here's the link to the shop:  Etsy Team Sophie
Here's the link to join our team and/or make a donation:

10 comments:

  1. What lovely artwork! I can't wait to have mine displayed with my other treasures. I'll think of you and Sophie whenever I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Team Sophie!!

    There are only four left, but I will put more in my shop tomorrow ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Just beautiful. What a dear and talented friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm headed over to her shop right now - I love the shells! Good on you for stepping up for the walk/run. I understand not wanting to, but you've done a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are beautiful! I'm going to see Kim's site now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll prop my shell up in my shadowbox frame in the hallway, along with all my other small treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been doing this silly Couch to 5K program, and I have decided that the Epilepsy 5K will be perfect for me! I'm gonna do it! I just need to figure out how to sign up. Do I sign up for the 5K through your page? Or do I create my own page and somehow make myself part of Team Sophie? I need help.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello my name is Amber Trotter I myself have epilepsy and sell on Etsy as well. I have joined the walk for epilepsy in October. Two other people and I are supposed to be going and I do not know if they will still be participating. I have had no luck raising funds and would like to know if I can join your team if you have any openings. My E-mail account is heyheyitsamber@yahoo.com or you can find me on Etsy at lepsy.etsy.com and message me! Thank you and much love,
    Amber Trotter

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello my name is Amber Trotter I will be doing the walk for epilepsy in October, sell on Etsy and have epilepsy as well. Two other people and I are supposed to be going but it looks as if they may be calling it quits. I myself have had troubles raising money, I would like to know if I could possibly join your team if you have any openings. My email is heyheyitsamber@yahoo.com Or you can find me on Etsy at: lepsy.etsy.com and message me. I don't want to miss the walk and I haven't had the chance to meet others with epilepsy.
    Thank you and much love,
    Amber Trotter

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...