Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A New Start




I forgot to tell you that I started a new job today. I'm working with a non-profit foundation that provides services to children in foster care. I'll be helping them to build a core of medical and mental health providers to do assessments to support their advocacy. It's a part time job, but I'll be busy, and I'm thankful to have it. There'll be no more bonbon eating or lounging around -- I'm thankful to have a head tightly screwed to my neck; otherwise, it might have flown off by now.

It seems like a fresh start, doesn't it today?

15 comments:

  1. congratulations. i used to work with Advokids, an advocacy group for kids in foster care. They are pretty active in SoCal too. Lots of good resources there www.advokids.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are my hero. I hope you know that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a boon to that organization! You will be amazing. And that poster makes my stomach hurt. Thanks for the irony...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I have feeling you will be fabulous at this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great! Those kids and that foundation lucked out! Sounds like an awesome match. Glad to hear it. You're fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are lucky to have you. I'll eat your bonbons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds great and quite appropriate...lots of new beginnings; exciting tmes will be coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. congratulations - sounds like very meaningful work. ANd yes, it does feel like a new start today. I'm so thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds exciting - congrats!! and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! That's great news! I totally know what you mean about needing the focus of a job -- my part-time job has made me feel much better and more grounded. The additional money doesn't suck, either.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your job! You will be a great addition to that organization.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! They are blessed to have you, even part time.
    I'm so far behind in reading and commenting (not to mention WRITING on my own blog) that I'm just going to have to skip ahead. But I'm grateful you are still sharing with us, even with the added work on your plate.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...