Monday, November 26, 2012

She in there, she know (a re-post)

Hilton Head, August 2008


This was one of my first posts, when I began blogging over four years and 2,275 posts ago. I'd forgotten about it and wanted to share it with you, particularly since when I first began blogging, only about ten people read anything I wrote. I was flipping through photos, looking for inspiration and prompts to write last night when I scrolled down to the one above of Sophie on a family trip to Hilton Head. I needed not only a prompt but the reminder of my Sophie's connection to this world. Seizures and the drudgery of daily life sometimes get in the way of the essential, and the air I breathe gets too close. The inhale is often easier than the exhale, and these words with this photo help me to release the breath outward, to fill up the world.

Here you go.

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this post again, Elizabeth. As with so many of your posts there is nothing that I can say that can add to your words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the post I most remember. I read it long ago, and I still think of those words from time to time, "She in there, she know."
    Look at her. Wow. There she is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful mermaid, wondrous mermother. Love the reposting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what, Elizabeth? Every day you astound me in one way or another. Hell, I'm astounded just thinking of you and then I come here and I read and I am re-astounded.
    Yes. She is in there. That beautiful girl is in there. She loves you so much. I know she does.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is stunning to see Sophie this way, I can't stop gazing back at her. I think she knows so very much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can ABSOLUTELY see a full, conscious person there. A beautiful person. A beautiful girl. A daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good God Elizabeth!? Now I'm supposed to try and comment through these tears. Thank you so much for this repost and for this photo. "She in there. She know." What powerful words. I can't tell you how deeply this post has hit me.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific post, and yes, a terrific photo too. She in there, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not only is she in there, she shines her light outward into the world, onto the computer screen. It's a beautiful portrait of your dear daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post made me cry. She is in there, and her light is shining out in that beautiful photo. I like thinking that in that picture, she is looking back in to your deep brown eyes the same way you are looking into hers, with love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i remember reading this so long ago and im glad you reposted bc its simply beautiful.

    she in there.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...