Thursday, June 27, 2013

The new family slideshow (lots of photos of places that you might not care about)



I stood at the top of these stairs to nowhere, aptly marked in case people thought otherwise (the Canadians are polite) and tried not to make metaphor.


These huge pieces of timber float everywhere along the coast. I was told that they are from nearby forestry -- boats filled with felled logs sometimes lose their cargo, and the wood floats and bobs along the shore.












This sign warned passers-by from what looked to be a small fabulous junk-yard.




I have more photos and will post them later. I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening with The Poet. She charming and funny and wise, and I feel as if I've known her forever. We talked about poetry and art and music and family and men. Her drive and commitment to caregivers is truly awe-inspiring, and my gratitude overflows. I really can't believe that this is my third day of respite and that I still have three more to go! I imagine you'll have to steel yourself for another slideshow or two, more rhapsodizing about Victoria, and the possibility of an Elizabeth filled with contentment.

Are you still there? I guess you need a reward.

Come back later and maybe I'll post about me and Javier Bardem on the beach.




11 comments:

  1. I'm here, right here, and loving every picture and every word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're having a really good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too with Angella. Also, you don't have to post about you and Javier. I can see the whole scene in my head. It is beautiful. And hot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! And that boot? Chained to the post? Filled with flowers? Sublime (and so very Pacific Northwest). I love that you have three more days. Revel, my dear. Revel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes to Javier. Those pictures are so gorgeous. I know it's the wrong side of Canada, but I think of Anne of Green Gables anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVING the photos. Keep them coming please!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you are enjoying yourself...and thanks for sharing the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful that you're there! I remember when you found out about this. Holding my breath to hear about Javier...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe the stairs lead to Javier? Didn't he do a movie called "The Sea Inside"?

    I wonder if anyone comes along to collect all the timber that floats ashore. That seems like a heck of a lot of wood to just let float away.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The boot chained to the post? I bet there's an intriguing story behind that :)
    Love your photos!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...