Sunday, August 11, 2013

Believe


Yosemite, 2009


I realized that perhaps the solution for me was not constant vigilance and action but instead a blend of thoughtful pursuit and deliberate inaction, with a complete trust that the universe will engage. 
For me, when things seem difficult and it feels like I am fighting the world, this is a reminder to me that I need to stop doing. I need to just "be" for awhile and allow the universe to help me. When I work with nature and allow my intellect a break from steering the ship, things always seem to get a little better. The solution always seems to come, surprisingly landing in my lap with no effort on my part.
My advice to you dear friend, for what it is worth, is to just stop for a moment. Begin a short period of complete inaction. Take a breath and ask the universe for help. Believe that it will come and it will.
Lisa Peters

I got the above comment on my post from the other day that chronicled a bit more of my fruitless efforts to find the proper medical marijuana for Sophie's seizures. It stopped me in my tracks, not by its novelty but as a reminder of what I know to be true, what I've experienced over and over and over again.

Thank you, Lisa, for the eloquent reminder.
 

10 comments:

  1. yes...precisely. And I needed that reminder too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so strange that I see myself as completely unable to act. That I have spent most of my life allowing the universe (or whatever) to simply toss me at its will due to my inability to direct myself into action. And in fact, I frequently beat myself up about that very thing.
    I need to ponder this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. Such generous readers you have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I need to print that out and tape it to my wall. Or my arm or something.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband calls it the "self fix," and he applies it to most everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a wonderful reminder. I think we could all take those words to heart. We all want such control all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. and thank YOU for sharing this reminder to us all. We all need to remember this from time to time.
    Perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband believes this and despairs of my lack of faith.
    I... am waiting.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...