Sunday, September 8, 2013

Virgo (August 23 to September 22)






I think I'm celebrating my fiftieth birthday until the Virgoan era is over on September 22nd. Today, my dearest in the whole dear world took me to an amazing brunch at an amazing restaurant. I drank a Bloody Mary and a glass of champagne.



I broke my no-sugar fast (one week successful and I will begin it again tomorrow) and nibbled on an amazing pecan cinnamon bun or danish. I ate ground sirloin with a fried egg on top and the most delectable jus (not juice) I've ever tasted.


I opened presents -- incredible presents, really. Art and jewelry that is art, poetry magazine subscriptions, and a purple purse to die for. I laughed myself silly and cried a bit, too. When the time came for blowing out the candles, and I was just about to do it, Cara yelled, "Wish BIG!" and I stopped and everyone stopped singing and then I took another deep breath and wished

SO

BIG, that you couldn't possibly know what I'd wished.

Well, maybe you could imagine.

It was the most perfect morning a fifty year old woman could possibly have, and I just can't possibly do it justice -- or these women who bless my life.


14 comments:

  1. Absolutely nothing could have been more perfect ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!! I am so glad you have so many dear ones. You are extraordinary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only wish I could have been one of those women.
    May al your wishes come true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Women need women. I am glad you had such a perfect celebration. May your BIG wish come true!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You now have a solid A in celebrating!!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's crazy talk that you're only celebrating until the end of the Virgoan age! i had a birthday celebration a full six months after my birthday, and I'm still not ready to call it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Celebrate the whole year! It sounds like an absolutely wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent! Sounds like a terrific time. I was just writing about the dread of turning fifty, so this post comes at an opportune moment for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The person before me said EXACTLY what I was going to say.
    You. Are. Blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love everything about this. And I'm with Carrie - keep it going as long as you can.
    Love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It says something about you as a person that you have such fine friends. I have four years of experience in the fifty decade and it has been liberating. I hope you find it the same.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...