|procured via the internets by using Google and keywords vintage, female brain|
- When I begin to wonder what would happen to Sophie's health insurance should the Repubs and Libertarians repeal the Affordable Care Act, stop (wondering).
- Scroll through Facebook only twice in a day, except if someone private messages me
- Unfriend anyone who uses sarcastic or unkind language about people who choose to delay or not vaccinate their children.
- Unfriend anyone who checks LIKE on any of above status updates or contributes their own sarcastic or unkind language on above status updates.
- Listen respectfully to those who roll out the usual tropes and cliches about vaccinations but who maintain civility and understanding without condescension
- Delete Buzzfeed, Huffpost and other half-assed, biased online news sources that dumb down every single issue.
- Never read any of #6 publications again except if there's a story about Dean Smith or Javier Bardem.
- Admit to myself that #3 and #4 are the only way to not feel nearly physically ill and hurt even though I understand it's not personal.
- Realize that most of the people who I've unfriended are really not friends, anyway, and it's better for all of us
- Wonder about that phrase the personal is political again, especially in the context of #3, #4 and #5 and stop (wondering).
- Remember how much I fought with my sister in high school, how much I disliked her and how much I love her now
- Meditate every day for twenty minutes
- Nurture my brutal sense of humor by re-reading Lorrie Moore's There are no people like that here: canonical babbling in peed-onc
- Stick to work -- to writing, to reading, to caregiving
- Take a walk every day
- Eat good food and drink good coffee
- Remember old lovers
- Whisper thank you to the blue sky, the balmy breeze, the golden sun, the warmth on my bare arms
Reader, how do you remain sane?