Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Pink Pom-Poms



Every night the phone rings, and an automated voice speaks to me in a stilted English, informing me that my daughter -- Sooooophiiiiie -- was tardy or absent from school from at least one period and that her presence at school is important for her future goals and aspirations. Something like that. It's that time of year when two calls come in, the second being one announcing various activities and requirements for graduation. Tonight, the stilted English voice informed me that your daughter Sooooophiiiiiie has not turned in her pink order form for graduation gown and cap and tomorrow is the last day. Never mind that Sophie is 20 years old and apparently still listed as a twelfth grader, for the third year in a row.  

Never mind.

9 comments:

  1. You must feel so reassured by these personal and heart-felt messages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just have to shake your head at the absurdity of it all. Probably a drink wouldn't hurt either:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say everything Lily said. I just might have a shot of bourbon for you cause that's a really nice stiff drink and the absurdity fits well with the fact that I just took a pill to protect my stomach from what ails it. But what the hell. For you and Sophie and her pink Pom poms, I'd do this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne -- I'm in for the shot of bourbon. I love it.

      Delete
  4. Never mind indeed. Just hang up and move on! (I like the drink idea, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Serious? That is beyond crazy! I'll leave it at that. I deleted all the swears!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it wrong that I'm laughing? ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...