Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Hedgebrook, Day Fourteen



Yesterday, I went on a walk to Deer Lagoon and then to the sweet curve of Useless Bay. Useless Bay got its name because it was useless, basically -- impossible to use as a port because it's too shallow. At low tide, I could better understand that because the waterline was so far away, broken here and there by sandbars that I was able to step on. So beautiful. See for yourself.










Here are some shots of Deer Lagoon on the way home. The weather has turned to pleasantly cool and seems more like the Pacific Northwest that I had imagined. The bugs, nearly terrifying the other times I'd walked over the causeway, were manageable, and I stopped and watched a flock of geese preening at waterside.










There's your dose of beautiful for the day.

Now, I'm off to write. Life is hard, right?

12 comments:

  1. It's been in the high 90's for almost two weeks.....those photos actually made me feel a bit cooler. Thank you!

    I'm so happy to hear you say that - "Now, I'm off to write." - and the world is better for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life IS hard and sometimes we get a bit of a breeze, a soft place to land. That, too, is life and I know you know that and yes, how beautiful these pictures are. Especially the one with you in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not know what I enjoy more, your photographs or your writing. Both are beautiful.
    What a lovely place, so peaceful and full of nature. Thank you for sharing these,
    I feel as if I'm on vacation with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting about Useless Bay. I wondered about its name. Beautiful pictures and beautiful you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the dose of beautiful. I'm glad the weather has changed. As for the bugs---- well I'm glad they're not so "dense" anymore. You have no idea how that terrified me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know Useless Bay, I've been there and romped on the salty mud flats when the the tide is WAY out. My goodness, we're been geographically close!!!

    So glad you're there and writing and they are feeding you and nurturing you. So glad.

    XX Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know Useless Bay, I've been there and romped on the salty mud flats when the the tide is WAY out. My goodness, we're been geographically close!!!

    So glad you're there and writing and they are feeding you and nurturing you. So glad.

    XX Beth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pics! I'm not sure the crabs and sand dollars would agree that the bay is useless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowwowow. I've been reading your posts on this lovely sojourn. Not commenting much, but I love that you're staying in touch.
    And hey, I could do what you're doing right now! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lovely and perfect. The photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...