Wednesday, March 20, 2019

More Mexico




Tonight the full moon rose over the top of a distant mountain as the sun sank into the ocean and made the sky orange. It was outrageous. As Carl remarked, never is it more evident that we're just spinning round and round as when the moon rises so quickly into the sky. Of course my photos do not in any way do it justice.



That jeep/van thing had four children and two parents inside. It was like a cross between Mad Max, Noah's Ark and Howl's Moving Castle. I had a moment where I envied them their seeming nomadic life, but then I came to my senses.


That's where we've stayed for most of the week -- a beautiful spare and perfectly appointed Air BnB that my friend, The Poet, rented.

Tonight we're staying in town in another beautiful spare and perfectly appointed place.



The picture at the top of this post was taken in a tiny chapel that overlooks a beach where fisherman take off every day and return with their catch. It was a SCENE.






I left the men to their bloody fish and went inside the chapel to light a candle for Sophie.


It was decorated with a beautiful Virgin of Guadeloupe as well as twisted tin foil in an arch and plastic flowers. A rather large Jesus hung (literally) across from a sweet window adorned with painted flowers.



Here it is from the beach:


I'll leave you with a few sweet photos and the intention to regale you with the story of our "whaling" expedition in another post.









9 comments:

  1. Lovely photos Elizabeth. I'm glad you're having a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Light and grace and beauty. And that includes you and Carl. Mexico will change your soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos. The moon last night was quite something combined with the vernal equinox. I'm enjoying your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for you and your sweetheart to be sharing such beauty.

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I Love the Offrendas and Altars of Mexico. The Nomadic Life with FOUR Children in that cramped Mad Maxx Space would not be enviable... ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful place! Although WHAT IS UP with that beach vehicle? Super bizarre. I hope those fishermen are watching out for the vaquitas! I love the photo of the chapel from the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...