Monday, October 14, 2019

Neglect



I've neglected what few readers I have left on the old blog and haven't visited my beloved blog friends, either. I don't know what's happening to me -- I just feel a bit dried up and depressed, I guess. Right now, though, I'm typing these words from my friend Sarah's apartment in...

LONDON!

I'm here visiting her family for a few days before traveling to ITALY to spend a few more with Henry. I haven't been to Europe in many, many years and just couldn't pass up a free airline ticket (based on about five million years of using a charge card), plus the chance to see a bit of England (I've never been!) and join my son in Rome and Florence, two of my favorite cities in the world. Speaking of sons, I just got back from visiting Oliver in Tucson, where he is thriving in his first year at the university. I was so happy to see him.




12 comments:

  1. Oh! This is all so wonderful! May every moment of this trip be restorative, restful, adventuresome, and filled with love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet that you are traveling to see family and friends! A good way to lift one's spirits and put everything in a new light.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see your breaking out the travelling shoes and having some fun. That should cure what ails you. Have a wonderful. sweet time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful! Take lots of pictures! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How many miles DOES 5,000,000 years get you? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think all writers naturally find their creative energy waxing and waning. Maybe our miserable English fall weather will recharge your batteries? LOL! (And if not, Italy almost certainly will.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's nice to know we are on the same continent, briefly. Enjoy your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh these Trips to Tucson, London and Rome and Florence sound Sublime and I do Hope it helps get you out of the Funk you've felt mired in!? We'll still be here in the Land of Blog when you feel Inspired to Post and pay visits to other Blogs, hopefully you're regale us with your Travel Adventures {with pictures too I Hope!?}, since I haven't Traveled in Years either outside of the U.S..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still with the photographer?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been neglectful, too. I think we cycle in and out of these things and I try not to burden myself with any worry about it. So glad to see your are in LONDON and soon off to Italy (I've never been to either). Sounds like a much needed break for your weary soul. Pictures! I want pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just heard your podcast episode where you talked about this trip and what fun to come here and find photos!!! I love England, and am going to Italy for the first time next spring. Glad you enjoyed your trip!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...