Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The boy's a blur


He'll be fourteen years old this summer and has grown so much the past school year that he's nearly blurry. This past weekend, one of his baseball coaches sat with me at a cook-out and told me what a fine boy my Henry is. I can hardly talk about Henry without gushing, so I held myself back. But when the coach told me that Henry had told him that his parents (that's me and The Husband) were the hardest working people he had ever known, my cup spilled over and the whole universe blurred.

16 comments:

  1. Well. There is nothing to add to that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Keep that in your i'm-having-a-down-day cheer-up kit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They don't get any better than that! He is simply wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy blur...I love it! a perfect description for one of mine as well. I have always believed that compliments coming from my "blurry one" are extra special since he is so intently honest and almost defiantly opposed to "blowing smoke"! He is so right about both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE LOVE seeing boys grow into the men they were born to be. It is such a comfort (and something I look forward to so much with my son).

    Also, I love your crisp writing style. I think you're like me, and find the time to write in the tiny slivers of moments where you actually have free time (sort of). What comes out of that is beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness. That is just the sweetest thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh. Those moments when our kids see us for a short while through the lens of love are so powerful. I love that he recognizes all that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is right. You are blessed to have such an insightful, tender, wise, loving son, and he is blessed to be the son of such parents. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...