Friday, May 10, 2013

A Birthday Song for Oliver


6:45 AM Birthday Donuts Run!

It's my baby's birthday. Oliver was born twelve years ago, a bit after 1:00 in the afternoon. He makes me laugh. He makes me gasp. He is at once sweet and ferocious. I adore him.

Happy Birthday, my Oliver.

Listen to this:

by My Brightest Diamond

I have never loved someone the way I love you
I have never seen a smile like yours
And if you grow up to be king, or clown, or pauper
I will say you are my favorite one in town
I have never held a hand so soft and sacred
When I see you laugh, I know heaven's key
And when I grow to be a poppy in the graveyard
I will send you all my love upon the breeze
And if the breeze won't blow your way, I will be the sun
And if the sun won't shine your way, I will be the rain
And if the rain won't wash away all your aches and pains
I will find some other way to tell you you're okay

You're okay

You're okay
You're okay
You're okay
You're okay
You're okay
You're okay



And here are some choice Oliver posts:

The Best of Birthdays highlights Oliver's personality.

Careening Around shows Oliver's fantastic taste in women.

The Mayor shows Oliver's compassion and charm.

You Can't Take the Catholic Out of the School-Boy shows Oliver's fierceness and creativity.

Oliver, Sandy, and the Blessed Virgin Mary shows Oliver's irreverence.

No Name-Calling Week shows Oliver's courage.

Tequila and Hot Dogs shows Oliver's awesome dance talents.



13 comments:

  1. that song made me cry! Happy Birthday Oliver, we adore you so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your wonderful amazing boy! He has stolen all our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great song! I love how happy he looks standing next to the treats.
    Happy Birthday Oliver, fellow Taurean.
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Oliver! You are an amazing kid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday dear Oliver. Reading about you fills me with hope for the future. I'm glad you were born. I'm glad you are you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your handsome Oliver is off to a good start on his birthday. Donuts are the best. Hope his entire day is the best ever.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy, happy birthday to Oliver (and you!) Hope you are all feeling surrounded by love today.

    ReplyDelete

  8. ˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
    ╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
    ║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
    ║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ BIRTHDAY ☆
    ╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ¥☆★☆★☆¥ ★

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what wonderful fun posting all those links! Happy Birthday to your beautiful boy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday to Oliver!

    That "Best of Birthdays" post was hilarious. And I love the Godinator, though it scares me a little bit too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was a beautiful tribute to a beautiful child. I went and read all the posts about him and have fallen in love. I am sure he is a handful at times but I think he is brilliant. Sweet Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are always so sweet to comment, Sweet Jo. I appreciate all your support!

      Delete
  12. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OLIVER!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...