Friday, May 29, 2020

Throwing Your Body Into Anti-Racism



Our country is broken, but many of us aren't. Throw your body in and do something.


You don't need visuals to feel empathy for victims. Be mindful of spreading images and the trauma they reinforce and cause.

Please add in any resources that you know of in the comments and share with whomever you like. I will be updating constantly.
A riot is the language of the unheard. 
Martin Luther King, Jr.

The beauty of anti-racism is that you don't have to pretend to be free of racism to be an antiracist. Anti-racism is the commitment to fight racism wherever you find it, including in yourself. And it's the only way forward.
Ijeoma Oluo




Anti-Racism Resources for White People

Sign the #JusticeforFloyd petition

The Minnesota Freedom Fund is a local organization that pays criminal bail and immigration bonds for those who cannot afford them.

Black Visions Collective

Justice for George Floyd -- How You Can Help

Justice for Bre

Black Lives Matter

Black Mamas Matter

Equal Justice Initiative

Thurgood Marshall College Fund

Southern Poverty Law Center

Keywords in Black Protest: A (n Anti-)Vocabulary

9 comments:

  1. Excellent resources to actually do some good. Thank you, Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This leaves me heartbroken and angry and powerless. WTF is wrong with the fucking world? With the fucking US? I'm glad there are people like you and Mary and others who read and leave comments here, in the US. It gives me hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this list. I'm going to share it far and wide.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think working on ourselves, and being aware of our own "-isms," is perhaps the most important action we can take. Well, one of them, anyway.

    I totally get the rioting. I feel like rioting myself from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every individual has to do the work within of themselves and to collectively put pressure upon improving what is Wrong, unjust and inhumane. I had shared Dr. King's words about Riot a couple of days ago because too many seemed to be fixated on the action of Riot than the reasons behind what triggers it. I totally get rioting too and like Stever, I've felt like rioting myself from time to time... you can only take so much abuse or oppression before it becomes reactive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Elizabeth. This is allyship. It’s so important now. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Malcolm said, "That's not a chip on my shoulder, that's your foot on my neck." Reading his autobiography as a young teen was the catalyst for my awakening, though it is a lifelong task. Thank you for posting all these resources, I've been browsing the internet. I feel stymied by this pandemic and my own health issues, but am committed to do whatever I can (before and after the pandemic) to join the conversation and end the scourge of racism in the U.S. I have witnessed it so many times in my own life with people I love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. White Fragility-Robin Diangelo
    So You Want to Talk about Race-Ijeoma Oluo
    The New Jim Crow-Michelle Alexander
    Awakening Together-Larry Yang
    Mindful of Race-Ruth King
    Waking up White-Debby Irving
    Negroland-Margo Jefferson
    The Autobiography of Martin Luther King

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made a donation to the college fund after reading your post. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...