Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Two Things and Final Call

Federico Fellini directing a film

I've got two things for you this morning:

First, please send me your photos of yourself for my Video Project. Please send them to me as soon as possible as I'd like to put the video together by the middle of next week. Here are the instructions or you can click on the link above:


  1. Write down on a piece of white paper or poster-board advice that you would give to yourself, that long ago self, when your child was diagnosed.
  2. Have someone take a picture of you holding the poster
  3. Email me the picture at elsophie AT gmail DOT com
  4. If you want to send more than one, feel free. I'll use them all.
  5. Spread the word to your friends. MEN, please participate!
  6. I'm setting a goal of finishing this by May 15th, so please help me and send yours in (if you haven't already!) as soon as possible.


Second, have you seen this beautiful video? Set aside your distractions, turn up the volume and be happy:

7 comments:

  1. Incredible video. I'm crying and laughing at the same time. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't. I just can't watch it all. I don't want children to have to be that strong. I DON'T WANT IT!
    (I know. I'm sorry. I'm a little crazy today.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms. Moon -- I'm sorry you're having that kind of day. And I don't want children to suffer so, but I'm amazed and cheered, even, by resiliency. I'm also glad that nurses like the ones in the video are just so damn awesome. Despite the seriousness of the video, it did make me happy -- maybe because the usual "war" mentality of cancer wasn't as emphasized as the resilience part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for reposting this. Those nurses and kids are heroes every day. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the video! I will be passing it on to my wife who is currently going through cancer treatments. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing, inspirational...words cannot describe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh that little toothless peanut in the video. The whole bunch of them just slay me. Nurses are exceptional. I totally, totally agree.

    Although i do have a blind kitty with all sorts of health issues, i realize it makes me no more familiar with the role of a mother to a child with special needs. (I used to work at a ranch where i was constantly compared to one of the dogs who had seizures. Ha) So i'll just share what i would tell myself when i was diagnosed (even though i was in denial for a decade or so): Don't mourn all the 'can't's and 'never's as you encounter them. You'll find some, if not many, just aren't true. Wait til you get a load of all the awesome shit you'll get to see and do. And swim in the lane by the wall.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...