You might have seen this video a while back:
For the last two years I've said here and elsewhere that I'm going to make a video of still photos of YOU, parents of children with special healthcare needs and your wise words to yourself, THE DAY BEFORE YOU KNEW YOUR CHILD'S DIAGNOSIS. These words can be simple, complex, dark, light, positive, negative, funny, serious or everything all at once. I'm going to set the photos to music and hope it'll be helpful to new parents as well as inspiring. I imagine it'll be a healing testament for all of us.
Well, I've got a bunch of photos that make my heart sing and move me to tears, but I need more. Here's what you can do:
- Write down on a piece of white paper or poster-board advice that you would give to yourself, that long ago self, when your child was diagnosed.
- Have someone take a picture of you holding the poster
- Email me the picture at elsophie AT gmail DOT com
- If you want to send more than one, feel free. I'll use them all.
- Spread the word to your friends. MEN, please participate!
- I'm setting a goal of finishing this by May 15th, so please help me and send yours in (if you haven't already!) as soon as possible.