Thursday, April 5, 2012

Cleaning Windows



What's my line?
I'm happy cleaning windows
Take my time
I'll see you when my love grows
Baby don't let it slide
I'm a working man in my prime
Cleaning windows --

Van Morrison, from the song Cleaning Windows




I should clarify. I didn't do any window cleaning, but I did hire the nicest man to do so. I thought of this song when the work was finished and the sun came pouring through my windows. Really, I can't remember the last time they were this clean, and the world looks very, very different.

6 comments:

  1. I remember my mother hired a guy to clean her windows a time or two but then he kept talking about the nice vacations he and his wife took which pissed my mother off so much that she decided that he was charging too much if he could afford such nice vacations and then she always did it herself.
    I need to somehow get my windows clean. What a beautiful thing to do for a house. And for ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it is the simplest things that make life better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Van Morrison and clean windows. Those two things just scream "Spring!" to me. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is making me smile. We need to have this job done so-so-so badly, but up here, I don't normally schedule it until at LEAST June. It can rain hard and ruin the job as late as July! But oh, what a difference that clean, clear glass makes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. those are some mighty clean windows and i am JEALOUS!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...