Sunday, June 30, 2013

Blogaversary

photographer: Heather McHugh


Hey, it's June 30th!

I'm sitting in the Victoria Airport, waiting for a flight to Seattle and then onward to Los Angeles and home. I have been reflecting about my week here -- how enormous, how fantastic, how very restful it was. I still can hardly believe that I had this opportunity -- that it was given to me by a poet and a person who seems to understand -- profoundly -- the needs of caregivers. I realized, today, that I learned of Heather and Caregifted through Jeneva, who I learned of through Vicki, who I learned of through Stephanie and Andrea, who are all writers and most bloggers and that this community projected me toward this week in Victoria EXACTLY FIVE YEARS AGO, TODAY, that I began blogging.

So on this day, June 30th, I send up thanks for blogging, for that seemingly innocuous day in 2008 when I started clicking away here and met you and you and you and this.

This.

(And now I'm off to walk outside onto the tarmac and climb aboard one of those very small planes. One just came in and people are wandering around all smiley and happy that they're in Canada. This place rocks.)

P.S. My second blog post, on July 1st, 2008 is one of my favorites. I'd forgotten all about it.

11 comments:

  1. Happy blogaversary, Elizabeth! I am only now realizing that we began blogging in the same month of the same year on opposite sides of the country. I think we were meant to meet, all of us, to be a beloved community. I am so glad you had this week. I loved following along. So much love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I echo angella's sentiments and thank you for sharing your life and your kids with us as well as your beautiful trip. You rock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad for that day you started blogging. My life is richer for it.

    Why is everyone so happy in Canada? What do they know?

    ReplyDelete
  4. perfect...everything, the date, the adventure!

    and...
    last time i went to canada--nova scotia--i came home and bought a book a book about emigrating.
    seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy blogaversary! I'm grateful you came along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! A week of respite won, at the root, through your own words. And the love of friends. Both worth celebrating.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Blogaversary and welcome home! It's amazing how fast time passes in the blog world.

    Poor Spacefight! That may be the best fish name ever. That IS a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know, my blogoversary has become more important to me than my birthday. Isn't that silly? But I sure am glad you started your blog and I sure am glad I found you. You are an important part of my days. I think of you more than you can know and I am touched, inspired and humbled by your words all the time.
    And yes, that second post was freaking amazing. Those little (then) boys, sobbing in each other's arms. Oh, poor Space Flight! I wonder if they even remember him now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy blogaversary Elizabeth, so glad I connected with you though your writing and space online!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy anniversary, happy homecoming, happy writing. What a lovely community you have built! I can only sit and wonder what it will be like five years from now. I hope you enjoy every step.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy blogaversary! You are the consummate blogger and I am sure glad I found you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...