Saturday, June 29, 2013

Yesterday with the Poet


I have yet to wake up from this dream because each day dawns and there is something new to marvel over. Heather took me to Butchart Gardens yesterday. They're famous -- world famous -- but I admit to feeling jaded about gardens when she told me where we were going. I live in southern California. I know some pretty wonderful gardens.

Well -- these were some amazing gardens, unlike any that I've ever seen.

Over the top.




Where's Javier? you ask.



Ridiculous, right?


Heather is very beautiful.




Here we are. It would only be cliche to say that Heather not only writes poetry but actually lives it -- her care-giving of caregivers is -- well -- I don't know what to say.







Enough? That picture right above is where the gardens end -- right at the Pacific. Outrageous.

Did I tell you about the food, yet? Heather and I both love it.

What a coincidence (although there are probably no real coincidences --)






We left the gardens sated and tired, but the skies were finally clearing up so she took me to her tiny apartment up in the sky where we looked out over the water, at the snow-topped mountains that had suddenly appeared.






I know, enough. Too much. Uncle.

Are you breathing heavily?

I'll save the ones of me and Javier for another day.

16 comments:

  1. This makes me so very happy. Sending love to you, with joy in my heart for the richness of your experiences there. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite places in the world. It is thrilling to know that you have seen it now with your very own eyes. I am tickled beyond belief.
    love,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my. This takes my breath away. And also the poet. Her goodness. I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheer, pure gorgeosity. Light, color, life, bursting and joyful. The gardens and the poet and you.
    Lunch doesn't look too bad either.
    Oh, thank-you, Elizabeth, for sharing all of this with us. Thank you from the very bottom of my very charmed heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's just all so lovely! I'm so happy for you to have had this opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Great Pacific NorthWest! You are there! And it now lives in you, has become you. Your photographs are exquisite. I do love the one of you and your friend, almost as much as the reflections, and yes, I could write a book about the beauty reflected here.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So great to see you having such a wonderful week of respite, Elizabeth. Rock on. x0 N2

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so pleased you got to see Butchart and that food - oh, that looks marvelous! What a fantastic time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing. It's all too beautiful for words.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those photos. They took by breath away. The most beautiful things I've seen in quite some time. Especially the first pic with the framed view - I can't find the words. And your poet - beatiful all around.

    ReplyDelete
  11. glory glory
    I am so glad you got to see the gardens
    I love the story of the gravel magnate's wife building a garden out of her husbands rubbled land

    ReplyDelete
  12. The gardens look amazing, and I especially love that photo from their end point, looking out to the ocean. Hooray for respite and for Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have lived on Vancouver island my WHOLE life and have never been to Butchart Gardens. I have no idea why.

    Make sure you get yourself a shitload of Roger`s Chocolates to take home.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow. i am so glad for you, elizabeth--and here's the kind of person i am: the gardens are gorgeous of course, but the salad and the pasta made me stop cold. yes!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...