Thursday, April 2, 2020

We Can Do Hard Things, Thursday 4/ 2/20 WITH AN UPDATE***

Vilhelm Hammershoi (1864-1916). Woman in an Interior, Strandgrade 30 (detail), 1901.
Oil on canvas

8:55 am

I'm feeling very down this morning.  (I managed to crack myself up thinking the words self-care and how much I loathe them, especially the hyphen)

It took a pandemic, but I'm currently eating 2 gummies of Charlotte's Web Calm version of CBD every morning and drinking a glass of wine every night. Am I calmer? Perhaps, but I know that it takes some time for CBD to actually do its work. I'll keep you posted. As for the wine, it goes well with the meals I've made of late: 1/2 leg of lamb, rubbed all over with a paste made from butter, fresh mint and rosemary from my garden, garlic, roasted on a bed of cut-up slavered with olive oil and salt potatoes.

A friend sent this to me this morning:



Can you read that? *** It’s actually FAKE. Thank you Steve Reed. You know, the thought crossed my mind that it seemed far-fetched, but damn if it wasn’t entertaining. (And perfect for these fake news times with the clown in charge, right?

God talk depresses me. Too much God talk makes me despair.

Here's some good advice I read on the internets today.

  1. Spread connection
  2. Spread help
  3. Spread optimism
  4. Spread gratitude


Here's a poem:

Thanks by W.S. Merwin



5 comments:

  1. I was going to blog through this like you. But I haven’t managed it, though I too, am eating well. I feel very fortunate, but that feeling doesn’t quite wipe out the terror. Connecting though is sweet advice. Please keep blogging. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. All very, very good reading and good things to keep in our hearts. The letter from F. Scott especially poignant somehow.
    I am feeling guilty a lot of the time because we are doing so well. Is that crazy? Well, guilt and shame are my default emotions so it's not surprising.
    You may hate the concept of self care (there, I left out the hyphen for you) but you gotta do it. Gummies and wine? Roast lamb? Yes. Please. I love you. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may know this already, but the F. Scott Fitzgerald letter is a fake:

    https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-quarantine-fitzgerald-lette/false-claim-this-is-a-1920-letter-from-scott-fitzgerald-in-quarantine-during-the-spanish-influenza-idUSKBN21733X

    The reference to Hemingway prompted me to check it out. It was just too good to be true!

    For what it's worth, though, I am with you on the wine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Grandson called Today and suggested that mebbe this would be the time to partake in some Medicine MJ, I cracked up, but, he has a point... I do Hope that your Low Day won't last long... it has been a rollercoaster of Emotions living in a Time of Pandemic and having a lot of Still Time to contemplate our Thoughts and sit with them. Be well, Stay Safe and Home as much as you are able.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How could one NOT feel down these days? I actually had to stop drinking for a few days because that one glass turned into 3/4 of a bottle in no time flat. Then my sleep suffered -- even more than usual. The phrase, "chop wood, carry water" comes to me often these days. We do the things we can. The rest can wait. All love to you, Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...