Monday, September 22, 2014

The House That Jack Built, Part Two***

illustration by Collette J Ellis


This one is a prose poem, sent to me by the clerk from the company who took the paper from the doctor who ordered the EEG for the girl whose brain loves to seize. I told her last week that the company needs another paper from the company who took the paper from the doctor who ordered the EEG for the girl whose brain loves to seize.


Elizabeth Aquino

I called the phone# you gave me and after a 30 minute wait I spoke with Brandi.  She said I needed to speak with the group and told me to call 800-522-0088.   The interactive voice system told me there was a 49 minute wait!    I will try again in the morning when they first open to see if I can get through then.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.  


Please notice that this is all completely out of the doctor's hands, the doctor who ordered the EEG for the girl whose brain loves to seize, a situation which underscores how utterly laughable the conservative's complaint is that "I don't want no government coming between me and my doctor." Because we all know how efficient the private insurance system is -- efficient to an extreme when it comes to collecting your monthly premium and cancelling your coverage if you're late, but otherwise -- well -- that's another story altogethe, perhaps more in keeping with Grimm or even the Marquis de Sade. I've also got to keep you updated on the convoluted Case of the Missing Wheelchair, the latest Nancy Drew installment. Stay tuned.




***Part One is here, in case you missed it.

4 comments:

  1. I've never understood that- as if we had direct access to medical care with private insurance. As if.
    I swear to you- if I see Universal Healthcare in this country before I die, I'll be amazed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me want to SCREAM AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Imagine that! A 49 minute wait! Maybe she can begin to understand what most of the rest of us go through when we attempt to reach our insurance companies. That might be amazing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...