Thursday, June 22, 2017

How You Can Save Medicaid (#Itsbeggingtime)



So last night, I stood on the steps of Los Angeles' City Hall with hundreds of people for a rally to support Planned Parenthood and women's health.

This morning, as you know, the Senate Republicans unleashed their vile version of TrumpCare, or the Ass Hole Care Act.

You know how I feel about repealing the Affordable Care Act, and I'm not going to rant about the horrific effects its repeal would have on me, on Sophie, on her father and on her brothers. Suffice it to say that it will be catastrophic.

"The defining feature of the Senate Republican health care bill is that, over the long term, it would absolutely decimate Medicaid—more so even than the House legislation passed last month. And it accomplishes this wrecking job with surprising efficiency, a mere six lines of text in a 142-page document."
from, Here are the six lines of text that could decimate America's biggest healthcare program 

As my friend Jeneva Burroughs Stone wrote so eloquently, "The cost shift here (to us) would be antithetical to the notion of American self-sufficiency and individual independence because the end result would be to bankrupt citizens, such as Roger and myself when our only "crime" against the State is giving birth to a child with disabilities."

That statement holds true to the majority of people whom I know who have children with disabilities. It also holds true for those who are caring for aging relatives or for those with chronic disease. 

You can help, particularly if you live in a state with Republican senators. Please help us.

Here's a script for when you make your calls. 


All information, plus numbers and action items is taken from Indivisible's guide to Stop Trumpcare.

#Resist

You're doing it for her and millions like her:





8 comments:

  1. Jeneva's quote sums it all up, really. I wish you the best of luck.

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how stressed I am about this bill; I can only imagine how your body must be buzzing with fury.

    This photo of your darling girl is so beautiful I could weep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Elizabeth. Sophie's face inspires us all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My family is with you. We are making calls, writing letters to the editor, marching, and whatever else we can do. When I came to the end of your post, Sophie took my breath away!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. With their logic in passing this vile replacement, nobody should ever get Sick, Old or Disabled... what is Health Care FOR except when one needs Medical Care?! I am all for preventative Health Care to attempt to keep the Healthy in that condition, but eventually, everyone Ages, gets Sick or could risk some Disabling condition on the Journey that is Life. Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  6. For your beautiful girl and all like her.

    XXX Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for all you do to increase awareness and activism.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...