Monday, July 7, 2008

I'm a literary contest winner

The ironic thing is that I'm not really sure of the worth of the contest. I entered New Milleniums short, short story contest a few months ago with a piece called "Wheelchair Tenant." Today I got an email from the journal, congratulating me on winning an Honorable Mention. I'm so new to all this online literary stuff that I don't know whether to be happy, proud or embarrassed. Here's the email text:

Congratulations on Your Award
in New Millennium Writings...

July 7, 2008

Dear Elizabeth,

Congratulations on your Honorable Mention Award for your fine story that opens, "The bright red Humvee pulls up..." in the New Millennium Writings Short-Short Story competition that closed Jan. 31, 2008. Your name will be included on the Awards page of our next issue of New Millennium Writings, 2008-09 and already appears at www.newmillenniumwritings.com, along with other winners of our 25th Consecutive Awards. The winners and runners-up, including your entry, were selected from about 1,400 total submissions in four categories. The quality was high, and you should be proud of your accomplishment. We are.

3 comments:

  1. well, I am impressed..so you should be, too! congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be proud, of course! congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...