Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wednesday Corner View: Street Fashion

I live in Los Angeles or, should I say LA. At risk of sounding pretentious, probably a lot of the fashion that you see in your Corner has migrated from our streets, from our gangs, from our trash, from our Hollywood starlets and our professional famous people. And I'm not claiming that it's anything great, but how could I possibly document that for you? Walking the streets or driving around the streets of Los Angeles, is a TRIP, and I didn't have time to do it today.

Instead:

I'm posting two of my favorite photos that I took a couple of years ago in Santa Monica. They're really the ultimate beach photos to me, the beach being the Street, a stereotype, a cliche, well -- here you go (and the FASHION!):





For more corner views go here:

caitlin, joyce, ani, kim, a day that is dessert, natsumi, epe, kaylovesvintage, trinsch, c.t., jeannette, outi, schanett, ritva, francesca, state of bliss, jennifer, dana, denise, cabrizette, bohemia girl, dianna, isabelle, amber, a girl in the yellow shoes, mister e, janis, kari, jgy, skymring, elizabeth, audrey, allison, lise, cate, mon, victoria, crescent moon, erin, otli, amy, ida, caroline, lisa, dorte, kimmie, la lune dans le ciel, nicola, malo, vanessa, britta, virgina, april, b, kyndale samantha, karen, kristina, dorit, goldensunfamily, sophie, janet, mcgillicutty, desiree, di, travelingmama, aimee, sunnymama, amanda, ali, jenell, guusje, britta, juanita, pamela, inna, daan, myrtille, cris, ibb, susi, jodi, lily, gillian,

21 comments:

  1. Less is more.
    Nice pics.

    Love from Holland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fashion!

    Have a sunny day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love these pics. a bit like tel aviv, in the sense that beach style meets city style. like when a business man dressed up with suit and tie walks next to a girl i bikini top and a guy with his surfboard :)

    and you're right, i think, la seems to be responsible for a lot of trends.

    have a nice day ~ trinsch

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're probably right, but I takes years and some transformation for your fashion to migrate to our corners, and by then it's probably vintage to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great pictures - yes, as Jane says, less is more, and what a contrast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the contrast in clothing in that last picture! The over dressed and the under dressed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK - Now I am smiling :) .... really big smile here ....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, so great! You got LA in a nutshell... oops... to literal? Ha!

    Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice pictures... And I love Santa Monica.

    ReplyDelete
  10. elizabeth...

    i love the speedo and the idea of wednesday corner view. how to i add my name to the list of links?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the juxtaposition - very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A man in a speedo is quite common in my corner of the world but no so much the skateboarders. . . not ever really in the same place, even.
    hmmmm. . . what exactly am i trying to say? not sure .

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll be there on Friday. Hope speedo is there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are awesome.

    I remember one time when I was in LA (I think I was still in high school), some kid asked where I was from. When I said "Minnesota," he said, "Yeah, cool. That's near Maine, right?"

    I don't know why your post and those pictures made me think of that--I haven't thought of it for years and years.

    ReplyDelete
  15. love it elizabeth! thanks! besos-jane

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a view for you!

    But you know, he looks older and he's looking pretty good for whatever his age is.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well....that´s something you wouldn´t see around here. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...