Friday, March 18, 2016

My Conversion


I know some of you will be happy to hear that I saw the light last night. Note the labels that I used for this post: Bruce Springsteen, music and religion. Yes, indeedy. I worshipped for over 3 1/2 hours at the altar of Bruce Springsteen. I danced and sang at the top of my lungs, on my feet for nearly the entire time. It was joy in the form of thousands of people waving their snaky arms overhead, grown men hugging one another and little kids bewildered to see their parents acting so crazy. It was one more and then another and then another and then another, and we were all laughing and bouncing and jumping and doing one more. And then again. I only drank one beer, but I was in love with the universe. That's my whoop at the end of the clip when I was born again.






8 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm a member of your church! I wrote a similar post about a Pixies gig, in my favourite venue - and am happy to say I'll be seeing them again this July (for €35!) and am seriously looking forward to a bit of communion with the spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The man'll put a healing on you. He shall rise you up and make you sing to glory! He shall make you dance in the ecstasy of angelic delight. He shall make you hot!!!! Bruce is the proof that God does love us. I knew that was your cry of exaltation, surrender and joy at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Rising tour. Vegas. My baptism by Bruce. Soooooooo happy for you. So deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. music is SUCH a religious experience! Great clip here -- the crowd would die for him at this moment.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...