|Letting my snaggle tooth hang out|
You're exactly where you're supposed to be this moment. I tend to project all my fear out into the future, but you know what? It's my present that's terrifying at times, and I have to tell myself that I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be this moment, over and over and over. Sometimes cliches are necessary.
Here's the PSA part of this post:
Do you listen to The Daily? It's a daily podcast that digs deep into a pertinent issue for twenty minutes, five days a week. The New York Times does it, so I suppose some of you out there reading will say it's fake news or liberal biased media or whatever lazy cliches are being thrown about. I say lazy because we're all subject to lazy, particularly intellectual laziness, and these times call for us to gird our loins and pay attention and read quality journalism and listen to careful, investigative work. I think The Daily does important reporting, and from what I've listened to for many months, it appears to cover sides of an issue when that's pertinent but also THE FACTS as they appear to our eyes and ears.
Truth is always truth, contrary to what you might have heard out of the Powers That Be's very own mouths.
Today's podcast was Part One of a two-part series called Divided: How Family Separations Started,
and it'll blow your mind and break your heart.
Recently, I wrote a post detailing my happiness at Sophie finally starting her new adult day program. One of my Anonymous commenters wrote this:
What, you are happy with a great program for Sophie. That is wonderful. But what about all the children separated from their parents at the border?
- Become a child advocate.
- Become a Court-Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) for young people in foster care or donate to your local CASA program
- Donate to Comfort Case which gives backpacks of comfort items to kids in foster care
- Volunteer to visit people in immigration detention.
- Help transform your faith community or business into a sanctuary space.
- If you happen to be a lawyer, paralegal or law student, a number of organizations are looking for pro bono volunteers.