Monday, March 11, 2013

It was a dream of a party

I ordered fried chicken and salads from the local grocery store. I made dozens and dozens of cupcakes. Oliver helped me decorate them, and Henry helped us schlep everything down to the beach. We gathered on the beach in Santa Monica, at a place that we have been to countless times over the years and that cemented my love for southern California. It's also the place that Sophie The Mermaid loves best.

Photographer: J. Werndorf




Sophie and her dad
photographer J. Werndorf

photographer: J. Werndorf




photographer: J. Werndorf






Mirtha, Sophie and Uncle Tony

Uncle Tony and Sophie


photographer: J. Werndorf

There were many, many friends there.


Sophie and her friend Michelle


My beloved Dr. Jin













The sunset was glorious and a perfect ending to a perfect day.











photographer: J. Werndorf


 And then we went home, laden with presents that Oliver insisted on opening while Sophie lay in her bed, exhausted.




Sophie admiring her mermaid necklace


It was quite an afternoon and evening, one that I'll always remember. Our family is so blessed in friendship and love.







24 comments:

  1. It looks like such a wonderful party! So many good friends. The pictures are wonderful, especially of S and her dad. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a glorious celebration and beautiful photographs of friends and family. A perfect way to celebrate everything Sophie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so pleased that her day was a truly special one. Thank you for letting all of us in on the joy by sharing photos.

    Happy, happy birthday to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Photos are incredible! Such an outpouring of love and fellowship. My favorite photo is Sophie walking down the "sand road" in her yellow britches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos. They brought a smile to my face on this gloomy, cold day in the north. It looked like a wonderful celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my favorite posts! What a glorious evening - perfect in every way. Sophie is so lucky to have so much love and friendship in her life!! Im glad she had a wonderful 18th :)!! We were there in spirit!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When you told me you were making six dozen cupcakes, I could not figure out why. Now I know. A whole lot of people love you and your family.
    Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photographs, thank you for sharing them. I especially love the one of your whole family--family in motion. What a charmed day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Happy Birthday Sophie... what a beautiful gathering. The photo of your whole family makes me happy, I've never seen one before- what a good lookin bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i think of you and ms moon having celebrations of your girls' milestones on the same day, and both of them perfect. I am so happy for you. The photos are wonderful, the love in them a thing to behold.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great photos - I, too, love the family portrait and the one of Sophie and her dad. You really are blessed with many friends!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous day and what fabulous people you surround yourselves with!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous day. So glad you shared it here. She so precious. Happy Birthday so much Sophie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so glad you shared these pictures! What a beautiful day for a beautiful little lady.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for sharing the pictures .... What an amazing day ... And yes you are greatly loved. I love the picture of her feet the most - they look like little little girl feet :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That pic of your family brought tears to my eyes.
    lots of love, T

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a terrific, memorable day. It's so great that so many people could be there -- and what a sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sitting here with a big grin. I feel like I've just been at the BEST party with the greatest people and with sun to boot! Thank you, thank you, thank you, and love from rainy Oregon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I loved looking at all the pictures of the great day, and your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It looks like it was perfection! What a wonderful day to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy birthday to Sopie:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...