Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Off To a Beloved City



I'm leaving in the morning for New York City, my favorite place in the world (except, maybe Florence, Italy) and won't be blogging for a few days. I'm going to the People Against Childhood Epilepsy gala on Thursday night. I helped found this organization many years ago -- you can read more about it by clicking here.

I've packed my bags, stacked up the old New Yorkers to catch up on and somehow micro-managed my kids' various activities so that The Husband doesn't go too nuts trying to do it all. I placed a call to The Neurologist and wrote her an email asking for some advice and clarification about this new drug that Sophie has been taking for a few weeks. I haven't heard from her, yet.

This is what I think: I DON'T KNOW.

Sophie has been having fewer and less intense seizures of a certain kind and more of another. She walks with a quicker step and looks pretty bright-eyed. But those big seizures, occurring 1-3 times per day just kill me. All of us. We're throwing those little pink pills in her mouth faithfully, but it feels more like this:



The dart appears to have completely missed the board.

Maybe it's too early to tell?

It's a crap shoot -- the anti epileptic drug game, and we've played it before.



Let's hope we raise some money on Thursday night to refine the game.

4 comments:

  1. Raise plenty of money, have fun and try not to worry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been wondering about that new drug...

    great good luck!!! i wish i lived closer. i'd come in for a cup of tea at your break.

    but say hello to one of my favorite cities too. love that apple of big.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try not to worry while you're away - I know that's maybe impossible - I hope your trip is a success!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...