Wednesday, July 7, 2010

You asked for it

and thank God you did, because otherwise I might feel pressure to write something incredibly inspiring or uplifting or hysterically funny and I'm just not in the mood to even attempt that, so....

here are some pictures of my workspace. I should say that your idea of a mess might not be mine. I am a Virgo and notoriously neat. I might have lots of clutter, but it's very organized clutter. I do have a lot of stuff -- or should I say crap. I live in a very small house with four other people, none of whom are Virgos. My "workspace" is not a room of my own. It's in my bedroom, though, and I can lean my head a little to the left when I'm at my desk and using my stretch powers, peer into most of the other rooms of the house. The boys race into and out of my bedroom, both from the hallway and from outside because, sadly, the only door to the backyard is in my bedroom. I feel their wind at my back and using my most prodigious powers of focus and ability to ignore everyone and everything, continue to type or read away.


the swimming trophy from 1977, when I was just about fourteen, that we recently found in a storage box and that the boys insisted I display. Since it's literally the ONLY award I've ever gotten for anything athletic, I obliged.

lots of crap -- a glass doorknob used as a paperweight, the plug to a therapy ball that I deflated, post-its, a pencil box that is probably from the 80s, the beautiful pod that a blogger friend sent me, rings and earrings, my Yogi Bhajan Everyday calendar that says today: All your personal and financial problems are because you do not care for your spiritual strength. You have wasted energy on petty things. Cut out all that burns you out so that your light can keep burning forever. Hmmmmmmmmm.....

stuff and lists


a close-up of my favorite silly coaster, given to me by my sister Jennifer. It says: we all know her/yoga student,/vegetarian,/democrat,/fifteen minutes from bankruptcy



I'm not sure I need a workspace makeover, actually, because I'm surrounded by all these things I love. Even those two hooligans running behind me --

11 comments:

  1. love your workspace. And I like that it has things that you love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.K., I'm going to display my workspace for the cyberworld to view just as soon as I can uncover my camera from the clutter. Er, I'm a Capricorn!

    If I had to choose a favorite (you did want that didn't you?), it would be the list on the Christmas pad. Is that a list for this week or mid-December?? = )

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a rather beautiful workspace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the space is tidy, but I am also a Capricorn. : ) I admire the glass door knob.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the painting..yes, the island...with two palms.
    in all its child like simplicity.
    your "work station" is an island where love circles you as it dashes out the door!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Small house, small workspace, organized clutter - I SO relate. I guess the great thing about small houses is that it can create tight-knit families. If you let it. Which you obviously do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ever since I got my laptop, I've pretty much stopped having an actual "work space", which I miss. I miss having my inspirational items arranged around me, like when I was using my desk. Your space looks perfectly cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a fellow Virgo who also has a lot of piles of stuff in which I know everything in it although it looks like a pile of crap, I enjoyed seeing the space.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your space - it's very much like a nest :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're right - that doesn't look like much of a mess, to me. I have a number of areas like that in the house. I need to dedicate a serious amount of energy to purging and organizing...someday!
    I love the word "hooligan."

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...