Sunday, May 15, 2011

Clear View

Rooftop, Arclight Cinemas, looking south-east, Los Angeles 2011
I woke this morning to the sound of rain, an unusual occurrence in early May in Los Angeles. By late morning, the skies had cleared and were an intense blue, the air windy and golden. It wasn't a good day, particularly. I had to read the riot act to The Boys and finally escaped to dinner and a movie without them. I saw Win Win, with Paul Giamatti and Amy Adams and an ensemble cast that was fantastic. It's a small movie about big things, and I loved it -- easily my favorite movie so far this year.

9 comments:

  1. We had rain too up here in Northern CA...cool, cold but the sun at last came out. It feels like an early April day not like a mid May day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In here the rain never stops, in the entire month of May we may manage about 9 days where the sun makes a brief appearance and that will be it. Year to date we have 15.7 inches of the blessed rain and I am brushing the algae from my hair while continuing to plant things that may think in their sort of vegetable mind "what the heck is she doing? Does she really think we are going to ripen with this kind of weather?" I am the garden avenger this year and if I must grow tomatoes in the greenhouse, by George (or whoever) we shall have tomatoes.

    Once in while after big excitement the riot act is the only thing that calms things down. And I am glad you got a break and that you love the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the trailer for Win Win and put it on my list of movies to see. It has not come out here yet, if it even will. Many movies don't make it this far north.

    Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. today i am pondering sunrise, a movie, awakenings.

    thanks for sharing yours...

    ReplyDelete
  5. we had rain, too, followed by cooler weather and gorgeous skies. i've never heard of that movie, but now you've made me want to see it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the movie recommendation - I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope today was better.

    GORGEOUS photo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. An interesting view of a mysterious day blending light and darkness!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...