Saturday, March 19, 2011

Remember my project?

A while back, I posted this video:



Wonderful, right?

I really want to make a video like it but use still photos of all of you, mothers and fathers of children with special needs, disabilities, etc., holding up signs that say what you wish you had known when your child was diagnosed or when you learned that he or she was disabled (or differently abled). (There's a teeny tiny part of me that wants to make it twisted and black humored, but on second thought, that might be a different video altogether -- one that we could market to insurance companies and government bureaucrats, perhaps?)

Make a sign, take a photo -- it doesn't have to be professional! -- and email it to me at elsophie AT gmail DOT com. Several of you have already done so, and I still have those posters.

Let's do it. I think it would be an amazing collective portrait.

10 comments:

  1. I agree! Maybe Hopeful Parents would like to run it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea. I'll get a pic to you Mon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth what dreams come to pass will be inspiration to so many...I look forward to the viewing when you have it completed. Wish I lived nearby to help with your project....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the sign sitting in my library, just no photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmm. Perhaps anonymously. Sending to my sis, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sent something to you back in the fall and I was just wondering about this project and thought that maybe I missed your post of it. Glad I haven't... can't wait to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great, looking forward to seeing it when it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's a big twisted part of me, as I refer to my child as 'Especially Needy'.

    I'd like to do this.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...