Like Sally over at Maggie World, I'm going to do a little gratitude adjustment as this blog (and I) is practically sagging out of the computer screen in its angst and misery of late.
- I'm grateful for the southern California sunshine and the oranges and lemons that are dripping from the trees in my backyard.
- I'm grateful for Sophie, sleeping peacefully in her bed, even at this late hour.
- I'm grateful for my robust and beautiful sons and their brilliant ability to charm everyone and love life.
- I'm grateful for the charter school that my boys attend -- for its liberal and inclusive values, for the amazing teachers and exciting academic curriculum. I'm grateful that it's free.
- I'm grateful for The Husband who doggedly continues to work despite hideous setbacks.
- I'm grateful for the stack of unread books that I have piled beside my head: Anne Enright, Jeffrey Eugenides, Joan Didion, Donald Hall, Ann Patchett, etc.
- I'm grateful for my writing friends -- for Denise and Tanya -- for our upcoming Beer Monday Lunch.
- I'm grateful for my parents who are unsparing in their generosity.
- I'm grateful for Grass Valley, the mists of Avalon in my future. More on that in the future.