Sunday, November 27, 2011

Nothing is Magic and Everything is Real

Blue skies, rugged mountains


Trees laden with grapefruit, ripe for the picking


Christmas poinsettias among a riot of color


Peaceful fountains

The view from our room


More ridiculous grapefruit trees


Sparkly pool water


Beach balls and hot tubs


What the hell is that?


A little closer


Could it be?


Could it actually be....?


Holey mackerel! It's Santa!


When Santa lands at your feet, it's hard to get a clear photo...





But it was definitely The Man


The tree was dark, 


and then there was light.


One night in Palm Springs, crashing with my friends -- who needs Christmas?

17 comments:

  1. This was wonderful, Elizabeth. I had such a great time, and I wasn't even there! At first, I thought it was Santa Barbara when I saw the tiled roofs and the paraglider, but I guess that these wonders exist everywhere. Wonderful photos! Merry, Merry
    xoxox,
    Noelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say you've already drunk every drop of Christmas Magic that anyone could want.
    Wow.
    Amazing.
    Thank-you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honest to god, the clarity of the desert air, and all the flowers that don't really belong there, always makes me feel like I've dropped acid.
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forget it's not Ohio November everywhere...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these! Clearly Santa is on a quick vacay before he gets down to serious business. Cannot believe that you captured these so well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh for more Christmases like these, Elizabeth. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. California can be a crazy, beautiful, ridiculous place :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks absolutely wonderful,especially the grapefruits.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful! I am so glad you got away. Hope you do lots of zany things. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. That there is the TRUE meaning of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. california magic, that's for sure! small (or large) escapes from reality are always welcome...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you've had the best of Christmas already. So glad you and the boys got this respite! And that you shared your photojourney.

    Your header photo of Sophie is my all-time favorite. Dreamy, wistful, organic, the pulse of life.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love Love this Elizabeth !

    How fabulous for all of you...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so happy that you and the boys got to do this.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...