Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Oliver's IEP

Manhattan, straight up with Italian Maraschino Cherries


Easy peasy and really nice.

I brought doughnuts. The team was sensitive and efficient. Oliver was there for most of it, advocating for himself, somewhat shyly, but smiling his beautiful smile throughout.

I'm grateful for this school that he goes to -- it's not perfect, but it's pretty damn great, and I look forward to continued improvement for Oliver's experience with fingers crossed.

I'm feeling drained in general, though, for various reasons. If you'd like advice on IEPs or you're a reader that has a child with disabilities and new to it all, please feel free to email me. And don't read the sentence that follows this one.

Tomorrow is Sophie's IEP which is an entirely different ball game. For that, the drinking begins now. (See above photo).

14 comments:

  1. Ha! I have a 30-day IEP tomorrow at C's new school, I'm drinking with you in spirit. It has not been the greatest 30 days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say bring some pot brownies to Sophie's IEP meeting tomorrow. You just may get everything you want!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oliver seems like such a sweet sweet boy.

    Good luck tomorrow. I'll be there in spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, good luck tomorrow. I'll make you a drink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck tomorrow. Glad today's meeting was easy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad our kids go to the same school as Oliver. We had Carmen's 3-year IEP meeting yesterday. Allen & I both agreed it was the best IEP meeting we've had and we echo your sentiments about the school....it's not without its flaws, but the dedicated and caring staff make up for most shortcomings.

    P.S. Did the Manhattan Allen served you this summer inspire the photo??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been obsessed with bourbon and those cherries ever since, Craig!

      Delete
  7. So glad Oliver's new school is working out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're with you - - in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tis the season....for IEP's!
    So glad to hear Oliver's went well...wishing you much success with Sophie's too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...