Monday, September 23, 2013

School



Forgive my lack of posting today, but I'm bogged down in reading aloud tracts about impetigo and other infectious diseases, courtesy of 7th Grade Science. The reading aloud is courtesy of Dyslexia. I would educate you on the finer points of blisters, crusty, moist scabs and the attendant itchiness, but instead I'm lying down, face-first on my bed while the violin plays plaintive and I restrain myself from telling the Big O that it's all a bunch of bullshit, that he should flee school all together and gather ye rosebuds while you may. Dinner tonight is tacos with all the fixings. A shot of vodka, too.

11 comments:

  1. I swear to you- I used to ask Hank all the time why he didn't just leave high school and get his GED. So much of it is complete and utter bullshit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a pretty darn fine dinner to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this post. It is your post, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I regularly tell my kids that high school is bullshit. I tell them to work as hard as they can and try to get good grades but at their 20th reunion nobody will give a shit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have had many such nights. i confess i don't miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A shot of vodka and tacos-- that makes my stomach roil

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your ability to write post after post that is witty and smart, will never cease to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your tacos with all the fixin's! And the vodka too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. There really is a lot of bullshit involved in school, no question! Gather ye rosebuds indeed. (I didn't even know impetigo was still around.)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...