Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Stopping by woods, on a snowy evening


I used to know every word of that Frost poem - whose woods these are, I think I know, his house is in the village, though -- miles to go before I sleep -- miles to go before I sleep --
We are leaving Yosemite tomorrow, and it's been a wonderful trip, the first trip with Sophie that was actually fun in many years. The photo above is of a sleigh that we rode into the snowy woods. Sophie loved it and gazed up at the towering firs and sequoias with rapt expression. I'll have lots and lots of photos to show this weekend.
I hope you've had a lovely new year's week!


6 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you and your family...you deserve a wonderful vacation together. Blessings to you and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. rapt attention. love it! I can just picture Sophie, so glad your family vacation was.

    And I have to say, one of my favorite poems, ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your trip does look and sound heavenly. cant wait to hear (and see) all the details when you return! happy new year - hope it is filled with joy, blessings, and love :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Elizabeth! So glad you all got a beautiful break and Sophie loved it too. On Christmas Eve I watched an old and very beautiful nature film on Yosemite at Christmas. Stark wonderful peace.

    Hoping 2013 brings good and easy your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear your trip was good. It is so nice to get away sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...