Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Dandelion Wishes



I was washing the crepe pan in the sink, the water was running and I thought I heard a thump so I turned the water off and walked to Sophie's room. Hearts beat fast immediately. They remember. Tonight, though, there was no body on the floor, no blood pooling, no girl on all fours, struggling to get up. Sophie stood at the door, her curls more a  dandelion of wishes yet blown than halo. She walked back toward her bed and sat down. I stood at the door and said, Hey there. I'm just washing up the dishes. Wanna come inside with me? She kind of looked at me and then away, but for a moment, I could imagine her reply, could almost hear it.

10 comments:

  1. Maybe one day. Maybe one day she will answer. I would not discount the possibility.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you remember my dream? She said "Henry."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in tears. I agree, Sophie just shines with all kinds of potential and beautiful energies, I would not discount it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous reflection. This is poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is lovely, elizabeth--you and your beautiful daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always so deeply touched by these tender, every day yet astonishing moments. Love the photo! Looks like a cozy place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's communicating with you, even if she isn't speaking outright.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping in to say hello after such a long time… but you are often in my thoughts. And always, your words and images touch my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is poetry, and when I read it, my heart hit the floor.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...