Monday, August 11, 2014

Words that DON'T Intimidate




It's another one of those days when I resolutely stop reading the hard news and skip right to the arts. I devoured an essay about the sculptor Louise Bourgeois, and instead of skipping over the word that I sort of understood in context, but really didn't quite know the meaning, I looked it up.

Here's to beautiful words.


o·nei·ric
ōˈnīrik/
adjective
formal
adjective: oneiric
  1. of or relating to dreams or dreaming.
Origin
mid 19th century: from Greek oneiros ‘dream’ + -ic.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this so lovely word. I'm skipping the news these days, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great word to know!
    I'm sticking mainly to the news of Lloyd these days. Always plenty of that, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good word. I wish I were dreaming when I read the news.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...