Thursday, August 14, 2014

Helping Hands Needed



A reader sent me a lovely email about this blog and about the community that has grown up around it. She is a mother of two children, one a young girl with Down Syndrome and the other a teenager with significant and crippling anxiety and depression. I asked her permission to post her question here, because I just have a feeling that someone out there reading might be able to help her. If you can answer, please leave a comment or email me your contact information. If you yourself write about these issues, please let us know! My email is elsophieATgmailDOTcom.

Do you know of any blogs written by moms, or dads, of teens with major depression/anxiety?   I've been looking for a really insightful one, with really good writing. 

Thank you so much. 

4 comments:

  1. That's a great question. I hope somebody can help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the following blogger. She is an excellent writer and just had a post about depression issues and has a daughter, Moxie with down syndrome. I hope she can help!
    Marcia


    http://www.meriahnichols.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com has to say about depression. Not sure what's there re anxiety disorder, but she is generally brilliant. Here's the depression post: There's a part 2 also. http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2011/10/adventures-in-depression.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrew Solomon: Far From the Tree and
    The Noonday Demon

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...