Monday, January 19, 2009

I've Been Happy Lately, Thinking About Good Things to Come

Four years ago, when Bush took office for the second time, I remember thinking, My God, Henry will be TEN years old when he finally leaves. It was incredibly depressing -- the thought -- and now that we've been through it, it was.

But Henry is ten years old, and tomorrow we'll have a new president. I'm fighting the urge to be nonchalant, to not let the hype and hyperbole get to me. Part of it has, but what lies beneath it is something so powerfully significant that I hardly know what to think or write. A couple of my blogger friends posted this old video of Cat Stevens' singing "Peace Train." Maybe it's the flowered guitar, maybe it's the words, maybe it's the goofiness or maybe it's the innocence, but I love it.

See you tomorrow!



6 comments:

  1. Oh how I love Cat Stevens. I also love your new header. Heres to good days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I was raised on Cat Stevens ..... I love this!

    Happy Change Day to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...come and join the living....it's not so far from YOU!!! I can't see the little video but this song is a personal anthem for me as well.
    A heart full of hope for you and your family today...
    ~ hope505

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have butterflies in my stomach as I watch this day unfold. I've been happy lately too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this song and it is a good one for the day. I actually love the more recent version from Yusuf (Cat Stevens) at the Nobel Peace Prize concert in 2006 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7iLPnDCQ1g

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great song choice a true blast from the past! At the risk of sounding corny, I am proud to be an American again. The misuse of power in the last eight years was horrific...with the whole world watching.
    Hopeful in Virginia :)
    Peace*Love*Light to All

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...