Saturday, August 28, 2010

Last night's party

was fantastic.



There was food -- fancy ceviche, burratta and roasted tomatoes, arugula salad with shaved parmesan, grilled bread and cheeses. There was trashy food -- onion dip and Ruffles, artichoke dip and bread. There were minty-vodka lime drinks, made in one of those crushed ice margarita machines. There was a soak in the hot tub and lots of talk and gossip. There was a giant coconut cake and champagne. There were gifts and more gifts!

I have just about the most amazing girlfriends in the world. I'm actually sort of speechless for a change, just thinking about each and every one of them. They make me laugh and they comfort me when I cry. They are extraordinary mothers and exemplary humans. I love them, each one of them.

Thank you ladies, for a memorable night -- I feel as if I landed in that glistening, lighted ship and sailed off to somewhere peaceful and filled with laughter.

11 comments:

  1. Good to have friends who know how to party!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless them one and all. And you. And your family. And especially Sophie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray for a wonderful celebration and hurray that Sophie got her infusion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you had a wonderful night. Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun! Sounds like a blast. :)

    I'm glad Sophie's IVIG got done and I hope the results start showing themselves soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh I am just sooo glad for you ..... happy birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm SO happy you had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds wonderful--and you deserve every minute of wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, thank God for those friends who are gifts to you, and to whom you are a gift. It sounds as if it was a perfect celebration. I will say it again: You deserve it - and more! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...